iConscious is committed to creating a world in which it is normal for all beings to awaken in all domains, powerfully bring their gifts to the world, and live together in deeply attuned, collective consciousness.
iConscious Human Development Model
iConscious provides a new framework for understanding and accelerating full-spectrum evolution from consciousness through the four primary domains of human development, shown in the vertical dimension:
• Awareness (consciousness)
• Design (uniqueness)
• Heart (emotion)
• Mind (thought)
• Body (physicality)
Although not shown on this version of the map, each of these domains is best explored in both their Individual and Relational aspects.
In the horizontal dimension, the map shows three major phases of maturation: Duality, Unity, and Singularity. The map further breaks each phase into chapters, each of which describes a significant stage of development.
This map reveals the overarching growth trajectories discovered through decades of experience, research, and observation. The depth and breadth of the map allows for the unique challenges and complexities of your unique awakening process, while encouraging balance across all layers. The map condenses a vast wealth of ancient and contemporary knowledge into a system that helps you locate your current growth edges and develop rapidly from there.
Researchers, academics, philosophers, and developmental theorists that have influenced our work include the following: Erickson, Fowler, Kohlberg, Piaget, Kegan, Maslow, Gebser, Graves, Cowen-Beck, Loevinger, Cook-Greuter, O’Fallon, Aurobindo, Zen, Daoism, and Ken Wilber. To see a chart comparing these models to ours, please click Research.
Development Maps and Models
Models of consciousness and human development have been around for thousands of years (click here to see our comparison chart). The maps and models we have researched tend to be exclusively focused on transpersonal development (awakening consciousness) or personal development (mind, heart, and/or body). We created the Griggs-Strauss Model to make clear how all domains of human experience grow and integrate over time, and to help students, teachers, and coaches understand how lack of integration causes imbalanced development and integrity issues.
We also felt that the most advanced stages of current models of consciousness would benefit from more detailed elucidations and definitions accessible to the general public. The model we created is the first we are aware of that incorporates development in all major domains, individually and relationally, and through the full extent of maturation currently visible.
How does this Model Accelerate Development?
• Through integration. Integration is the heart of acceleration. If development is lagging in any particular domain, it will slow the development of all other domains or create an imbalance that will impact integrity and the experience of wholeness.
• Our map is very detailed about how growth occurs in each domain, enabling us to offer specific practices we have found to be most effective for each domain in every chapter.
• Complete development demands that we engage in the world, not just develop individually. This framework offers both individual and relational perspectives and practices.
• By illuminating the full extent of conscious human development, people can and understand and see the territory, avoid common detours, and progress more directly.